How do I take a screen shot on Mac OS X?
This article applies to:
Macintosh OS X
Take a screen shot of the whole screen
Take a screen shot of part of the screen
- On the keyboard press Command-Shift-3
- The screen shot is taken, and it is saved as a file on the Desktop.
- On keyboard press Command-Shift-4, then drag the cross-hair pointer to select the area to capture.
- Continue to press the mouse button, release the keys.
- When you are ready to take a screen shot, release the mouse button.
- The screen shot is taken and it is saved as a file on the Desktop.