Error: can not find main class or can not find jvm.dll
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003
- Java version(s): 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
During Java installation process error message dialog box displays
can not find main class or
can not find jvm.dll
- Corrupt registry entries for Java
- Corrupt deployment.properties file for Java
Please follow the steps below for resolving this issue.
- Remove any traces of the failed Java installation by uninstalling Java
Download and install the Windows offline installer package.
MORE TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Deployment Configuration File and Properties