How do I clear the Java cache on my Mac?
This article applies to:
Macintosh OS X
- Java version(s):
The information on this page pertains to Java versions starting with Oracle Java 7, supported with Mac OS X 10.7.3 and above.
Clearing Java cache forces browsers to load the latest version of Java applets and applications.
How to clear Oracle Java cache on Mac
- Click on Apple icon at the top
- Click the System Preferences icon to open
- Click on Java icon located under the Other section to open Java Control Panel
- In Java Control Panel click on Settings under Temporary Internet Files
- Click on the Delete Files button on Temporary Internet Files window
- This will open the Delete Files and Applications window, click OK to confirm delete
We think you might also be interested in: