How do I resolve problems running Pogo games?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): 64-bit Windows, Macintosh OS X, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP
- Browser(s) Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- Java version(s): 6.0, 7.0
- While attempting to run Java based Pogo game a Security Warning dialog box appears.
- Mac users cannot enter Text in to some Pogo games; like Crossword Cove, Scrabble or Boggle Bash.
Security warning appears: Java has discovered application components that could indicate a security concern.
As of Java 7 Update 21, in some cases this warning is seen. When a Java program contains both signed and unsigned components, the Security warning dialog is displayed.
For more information please see
Mixed Code Protection Options in the Java Control Panel.
- Clicking Yes, may terminate the program.
- Clicking No, the application or applet continues to run.
Mac: Text can not be entered in some Pogo games, including Crossword Cove.
A problem exists which causes an inability to enter text in some Pogo games; e.g. Crossword Cove, Scrabble or Boggle Bash. The problem is seen with on OS X with Java 7.
This problem is currently planned to be fixed in the June 2013 update of Java.
General tips to troubleshoot Pogo related issues.
If you find these Pogo suggestions do not resolve your issue, please contact Pogo and request further assistance.
- Install the latest version of Java:
- Get the latest version here.
- Test the version of Java you have to make sure it is the latest.
- Remove older versions of Java .
- Enable automatic updates:
This feature will ensure that you receive important security updates when they are released.
- Clear your Java cache periodically:
- Verify that Java is enabled:
- Learn how to enable Java to ensure any applets that uses it will function properly.
- Configure the settings of your firewall or anti-virus software:
The most common problems are caused by settings of anti-virus, firewall, ad blocking or pop-up blocking software. To resolve one of these issue try to simply disable them and see if the problem goes away. If the problem goes away, then the next step is to figure out how to configure the software to still protect your system without preventing you from playing Pogo games. In this case, you should refer to the software’s manual or help files for detailed instructions on how to make the desired changes to the software.
- Use Java supported Web browsers:
- Google Chrome on Mac OS X does not support Java 7.
Get more information on running Java 7 using Chrome on Mac.
- Check system requirements to ensure any applets that uses Java will function properly.
- Get help from Pogo: