How do I enable Java through the Control Panel?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Macintosh OS X, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows Vista, Windows 10
- Java version(s): 7.0, 8.0
Applets do not run because Java is not enabled.
The Java content in the browser is disabled in the Java Control Panel.
If Java is already installed but applets do not work, you may need to check and see if Java is enabled.
To see whether your browser is configured to use Java, check your settings in the Java Control Panel.
Find the Java Control Panel
» Mac OS X
Enable Java in the browser through the Java Control Panel
- In the Java Control Panel, click the Security tab.
- Select the option Enable Java content in the browser.
- Click Apply and then OK to confirm the changes.
- Restart the browser to enable the changes.
You might also be interested in: