How do I clear the Java cache?
This article applies to:
- Platform(s): Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows 10
- Java version(s): 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
Clearing the Java Plug-in cache forces the browser to load the latest versions of web pages and programs.
Clear Java cache by deleting Temporary Files through the Java Control Panel.
Find the Java Control Panel
» Mac OS X
Delete Temporary Files through the Java Control Panel
- In the Java Control Panel, under the General tab, click Settings under the Temporary Internet Files section.
The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
- Click Delete Files on the Temporary Files Settings dialog.
The Delete Files and Applications dialog box appears.
- Click OK on the Delete Files and Applications dialog. This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
- Click OK on the Temporary Files Settings dialog. If you want to delete a specific application and applet from the cache, click on View Application and View Applet options respectively.